How the SmartAir System works.
SmartAir is an innovative, system solution for perishable logistics. Seamlessly integrating the trailer, refrigeration unit and air handling components, it delivers breakthrough performance through a five-step sequence that will change the way you do business.
|How the SmartAir System ripens.||How the SmartAir System precools.|
The SmartAir System activates a proven, three-step process for ripening that ensures consistent results for bananas and other ethylene-ripened fruit.
1. The gassing cycle. To begin the ripening
2. The venting cycle. Once the gassing cycle is complete, the fresh-air exchange is again cycled to vent ethylene gas, while fresh air is introduced for the remainder of the trip.
3. The controlling cycle. SmartAir and UltraFresh then begin the final process of controlling capacity to maintain pulp temperature for optimum retail presentation.
SmartAir also has the ability to precool during transit. This eliminates time wasted during on-site precooling and optimizes use of the trailer for value-added transport.
1. The process begins by loading freshly harvested produce directly into the SmartAir trailer.
2. Once the trailer is loaded and sealed, the precooling process begins. When the SmartAir System is activated, refrigerated air is delivered at high pressure to every square inch of the load.
3. While in transport, field heat is actually removed from the load.
benefits l how it works l 5 opportunities l re-engineered trailer l contact us